Any latest vacancies and how you can apply will appear on this page. We are committed to being a diverse organisation. We welcome and encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Groups.
We are not currently recruiting
We are the official independent body that investigates potential miscarriages of justice. Tackling complex matters, across a broad range of criminal cases, we have dealt with some of the most serious miscarriages of justice of the last 50 years.
Although rare, sometimes something goes so wrong in a criminal case that it leads to a miscarriage of justice.
There might not have been a crime at all, the wrong person may have been convicted, the process might have failed, or important new information might become available, meaning that the conviction is unsafe, or the sentence is wrong.
We are committed to being an inclusive organisation and support diversity in the Criminal Justice System. We welcome people who will bring diversity of thought and provide constructive challenge. We encourage applications from black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates and from individuals from socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
Benefits of working at the CCRC
- A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
- The opportunity to choose your work location and be either office or homebased
- 29 working days annual leave allowance, in addition to 8 statutory bank and public holidays.
- Generous paid maternity, paternity and shared parental leave (SPL) which is in excess of the statutory minimum.
- The Civil Service Pensions Scheme – A competitive contributory pension scheme that you can enter as soon as you join where we will make a significant contribution to the cost of your pension; where your contributions come out of your salary before any tax is taken; and where your pension will continue to provide valuable benefits for you and your family if you are too ill to continue to work or die before you retire. Visit Civil Service Pensions for more information.
- 3 paid volunteering days per year
- Interest-free loans allowing you to spread the cost of an annual travel season ticket and the purchase of a bicycle.
- Occupational Health Services and an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free eye tests and contribution towards lenses/spectacles for VDU users, if appropriate.
- We have Flexible working patterns including access to a Flexible Working Scheme, allowing you to vary your working day as long as you work your total hours per week.
We are located in central Birmingham.
If you are selected for appointment, we will carry out enquiries into your previous employment, your availability to work in the UK and your health. It is a requirement that the post holder achieves the necessary security clearance level.
Existing Civil Servants sign a new employment contract and do not have continuous service on joining us, however, pensionable service with the Civil Service Pension Scheme would continue.