Salary: £21,925 per annum based on a 37 hour week
Term: 12-month FTC
Location: Remote working
Interns provide support to our Casework, Legal and Investigations teams. The role is challenging and varied. One day you might be carrying out legal research on a developing area of law, another you might be examining material and compiling a summary or chronology, assisting in an interview with an applicant or witness, or involved in our interactions with experts from a range of forensic and scientific disciplines. You will certainly be responsible for answering queries from potential applicants and for preparing our monthly legal update and you may be expected to carry out an independent research project to support the work of the CCRC.
To apply, and for more information on this role, please visit our recruitment site
Closing date for applications: 23:55 on 07 February 2023
Case Review Manager Recruitment
The CCRC is committed to finding the right person for the job. There has never been a more exciting time to join the organisation, as our core function continues to grow.
We are frequently seeking new, and diverse talent to join our team of Case Review Managers in particular.
We anticipate further job opportunities in early 2023. We recommend that all prospective candidates keep an eye on our careers page to set up job alerts and to register your interest for the next round of recruitment. We will then be in touch when applications are open.
We also encourage all candidates make themselves familiar with the role and what we will be assessing you against which is detailed in the person specification. Check out our candidate pack below for more information about the CCRC and Case Review Manager role.
You can create an alert on our recruitment website, by selecting the relevant role criteria (for example, role title and/or other search parameters). You will then be automatically notified by email when a matching role is advertised.
To create an alert – access the recruitment website
- From the Job Search page – Type in your job search criteria or leave it blank, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Search’.
- The system will advise whether or not there are any suitable matches or if it was a ‘blank search’, it will show all roles being currently advertised. If we are not advertising any roles you can still set up an alert.
- At this stage you will see an action field: ‘Save this search as a job alert’ Click on here to set up your alert.
- If you haven’t registered on our recruitment website, you will be asked to do this, please follow the onscreen instructions. Or you can log in as an existing user.
- When this is successful, a system message will appear on the screen: Job alert successfully added.
We are committed to being an inclusive organisation and support diversity in the Criminal Justice System. We welcome people who will bring diversity of thought and provide constructive challenge.
We want to make sure no one is put at a disadvantage during our recruitment process because of a disability, condition or impairment. To assist you with this, we will reduce or remove any barriers where possible and provide additional support as appropriate.
If you are experiencing accessibility issues with any of the attached documents, please contact HR@ccrc.gov.uk
CCRC Brilliant Benefits and Rewards
As a CCRC employee you can access a wide range of benefits, such as:
- A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 29 working days, in addition to 8 statutory bank and public holidays. We also offer 1 additional paid day leave to celebrate birthdays each year!
- Generous paid maternity, paternity and shared parental leave (SPL) which is in excess of the statutory minimum
- Learning and development opportunities tailored to the role
- The Civil Service Pensions Scheme – A competitive contributory pension scheme that you can enter as soon as you join where we will make a significant contribution to the cost of your pension; where your contributions come out of your salary before any tax is taken; and where your pension will continue to provide valuable benefits for you and your family if you are too ill to continue to work or die before you retire. Visit Civil Service Pensions for more information
- We have flexible working patterns, including access to a flexible working scheme;
- We also operate a flexi time system which means you can build up to two additional days off per month!
- 3 paid volunteering days per year
- Access to retail discounts and a cashback site
- You can be nominated throughout the year for cash awards to reflect exceptional individual and team performance
- Interest-free loans allowing you to spread the cost of an annual travel season ticket and the purchase of a bicycle
- Occupational Health Services and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Free eye tests and contribution towards lenses/spectacles for VDU users, if appropriate
- Remote working benefits:
- We will supply a chair, monitor and all the kit you need to work from home comfortably and safely
While we are a remote working organisation, our head office is located in central Birmingham. If you are homebased, you may be asked to travel to the Birmingham office from time to time, so please do take this into account when submitting an application.
If you are selected for appointment, we will carry out enquiries into your previous employment, your availability to work in the UK and your health. Given the nature of our work, it is a requirement that the post holder achieves the necessary security clearance level.
Existing Civil Servants sign a new employment contract and do not have continuous service on joining us, however, pensionable service with the Civil Service Pension Scheme would continue.